Bon Secours Hospice volunteers are very special! They are friendly visitors providing emotional support and socialization. They also are Hospice helpers who may run errands, read, write letters, journal/life review, small chores, and caregiver respite.
Recently, we have noticed an increase in the number of Veterans utilizing Hospice services. I too am a Veteran and understand how Veterans sometimes connect with one another on a different level.
Our volunteers repeat this over and over again: "It is both an honor and a privilege to become a part of someone's life at this time." Volunteers are needed in Suffolk, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Cheasapeake.
Make a change in your life and the lives of others today! Become a Hospice volunteer!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours once to twice a week
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Human Service Intership...
- Nursing Home Companion (Southside)
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
- Patient and Family Support...
- Administrative Bereavement...
- Veteran Pinning Volunteer...
- Good Help Callers
- Hampton Roads Bereavement Center...
- Licensed Cosmetologist
- Special Project Volunteer
- Yard and House Project Volunteers