Hospice Volunteers make calls from the comfort of their own home, at times that are convenient for them. Everything you need (contact information, obituary of the patient who died, suggested script, questions to ask, etc.) is mailed to you. We ask that you make the phone calls within the first 2 weeks following the death of the patient, and mail back your notes right away. Volunteers choose the number of contacts they take at a time. (For example, some request to be sent 2 at a time, others take 5 or 6). It’s entirely up to you. Volunteers who aren’t able to commit to seeing a patient on a regular/on-going basis often find that this is a very nice way to stay involved in volunteering.
For more information, please contact Hopsice Volunteer Specialist, Sherry Rausch at 320-240-3276 or Sherry.Rausch@centracare.com
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Join Project HEAL
- General Orientation Tour Guide
- Pet Partners (Animal Assisted...
- STEP Force - Emergency Trauma...
- Bird Buddy - Melrose
- Hospice Volunteer
- Heart Failure Support Group Helper
- Recovery Plus - Recovery Coaches
- Monticello Same Day Surgery...
- Clara's House
- CentraCare Health Plaza Float Pool
- Resident Helper / 1:1 - Melrose
- Cardiac Rehab
- Life Legacy Hospice Volunteers
- STEP Force (Speedy Transport...
- St. Benedict Senior Community -...
- Business Center - Office Support
- Medical Alert Service...
- Auxiliary - Paynesville
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer