The Alzheimer's Association offers support groups for family caregivers, as well as specialized groups (e.g., early stage group, frontal temporal lobe dementia caregiver group). Support Group Facilitators lead or co-lead a support group for family members and caregivers seeking assistance, emotional support and information on all topics related to Alzheimer’s disease: care giving from diagnosis through the continuum of care, legal issues, research and advocacy information and opportunities.
Support groups are conducted at our office, as well as various locations in our service area (Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, El Dorado, Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Nevada, and Amador counties).
Experience with dementia as family caregiver, support group facilitation, or health care professional preferred.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-hour shift weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer