*It's Kitten Season! Warm weather brings kittens with it, so the Animal Shelter needs fosters who can help the little ones grow up until they are old enough to be put up for adoption.*
The City of Plano Animal Shelter is always seeking volunteers to join the foster program. A foster parent provides a temporary home for kittens, puppies, dogs, or cats to address a temporary medical or mild behavioral issue prior to the animal being placed up for adoption. The devotion, care, and socialization given during this time greatly increase the animal’s chance to be adopted by a loving home. Training is provided, no previous experienced required.
Animal Shelter Fostering Requirements:
1. Must be a resident of Plano (or live within 30 miles of 4028 West Plano Parkway)
2. One household member must be at leat 21 years of age
3. Shelter management must approve households with resident children under the age of 13 (if accepted may restrict types of animals that can be fostered)
4. Signed approval from landlord for rental situations
5. Agree to an initial in home inspection and random drop in visits at any reasonable hours.
6. Resident pets must be spayed/neutered
7. Resident pets must be up to date on vaccinations
8. Residents pets must be registered with the City
9. Must understand that there is no guarantee that the animal will be adopted once returned to the shelter after fostering.
If you have space and time to care for a dog/cat in your home and meet the above requirements contact us to schedule the interview to get started . Questions? Contact Rebecca Finberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-940-7627.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training