Do you want to raise your voice for conservation? If the answer is yes, let’s talk!
Bedford Audubon is seeking a volunteer with communications experience to help us reach a broader and more diverse audience.
Primary volunteer responsibilities include:
- Spreading the word about our environmental education opportunities.
- Drafting media advisories and press releases.
- Creating content for and editing a printed quarterly member newsletter.
Additional responsibilities, depending on your time and expertise, may include:
- Drafting content for social media.
- Pitching stories to local media.
- Creating content for and editing semimonthly email newsletters.
- Taking photographs for online and print media.
To raise your voice for conservation, you should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A cheerful eagerness to work in a team environment.
- A passion for conservation.
- Public Relations
- Copywriting / Copyediting
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month
- All over outreach - North Salem
- Grow the conservation...
- All over outreach - Patterson
- All over outreach - Carmel
- All over outreach - Somers
- All over outreach - Katonah &...
- All over outreach - Pound Ridge
- Hit the trails as a trail steward!
- All over outreach - Armonk
- Be a voice for conservation!
- Weeding Needed! (Shade Garden)
- All over outreach - Mt. Kisco
- All over outreach - Yorktown
- All over outreach - Brewster