Volunteer during Passport DC by being a Cultural Tourism DC Ambassador at the Around the World Embassy Tour on Saturday, May 5.
The Around the World Embassy Tour features more than 40 embassies opening their doors to DC residents and visitors. Each embassy presents various aspects of cultural heritage including food, art, dance, fashion, and music. Information booths at Dupont Circle and Van Ness are hubs for activity where volunteers help participants get around to embassies throughout the day.
Morning and afternoon shifts are available.
- Event Date and Time: Saturday, May 5, 10am - 4pm (AM and PM shifts available)
- Location: Various embassies and two information booths located at Dupont Circle and Van Ness and the National Cathedral.
- Orientation: Various dates and times are offered in late April. Sign up for one orientation along with a volunteer position(s).
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Embassy and floaters
- Floaters (ready to help where needed!)
- Information Booth/Will Call
- Neighborhood Guide
All volunteers serve as welcoming cultural ambassadors for one of the best international culture and heritage events in DC. All volunteers receive a t-shirt. This will be a great networking opportunity!
Sign up at www.culturaltourismdc.org/portal/passport-dc/volunteer
After you sign up to be a volunteer, you will receive an invitation for orientation.
Questions? Email Volunteer@CulturalTourismDC.org or call (202) 661-7581.
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Students or professionals interested in international studies, affairs