Friends Association offers a semester-long non-paid internship to current full-time or part-time college students that will directly benefit their education and ultimately their career.
The Communications/Social Media Intern will help to shape the online presence of Friends Association and support additional PR/Marketing opportunities related to fundraising events, donor development and volunteer recognition.
The Communications/Social Media Intern will help craft a long-term social media plan and calendar, manage relationship building with our online community by maintaining our Facebook and Twitter accounts, maintain creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page and Twitter accounts, assist with developing content for the Friends Association website, draft press releases and assist in distributing them to local media, and support special events.
Most of the Communications/Social Media Intern's work can be performed remotely (dorm, apartment, on campus), but the position will be required to work in the Friends Association office in West Chester at least once each week. The internship is approximately 15 hours per week.
We are looking for a communications student, preferably a junior or senior, who has an interest and expertise in social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter. This is an unpaid position, but will give you the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with community leaders and to craft a social media plan.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours per week
- Light Cleaning at Family...
- Choir to sing at a Holiday Party...
- Children's Activity Coordinator
- First Friday Construction Crew
- Donation Coordinator
- Welcome new families with a...
- Create a Birthday Party for a...
- Children's Activity Leader
- Prospect & Research Analyst
- Team Building for non-profits,...
- Media Production Specialist
- Mentoring Program Coordinator
- Family Volunteerism
- Movers and Shakers
- Auto Maintenance Consultant
- Face Painter
- Public Relations and Events
- Newsletter Editor
- Mental Health Consultant
- Events Manager