Typically outreach and special events occur on weekends, though they may occur during the week or in the evening as well. Community Outreach Specialists are asked to attend at least one community outreach event every 6 months, in addition to our Annual Luncheon and Fashion Show.
Responsibilities include supporting DAIS at community-based and annual events, distributing brochures and other outreach information, and helping to expand DAIS’ presence in the community. Specialists offer material and day-of support, share information about DAIS’ services with the community, and promote volunteer opportunities with the organization.
- Assist with the set-up, coordination, and break-down of community outreach and formal events
- Provide day-of event support for annual events such as working at the registration table or selling raffle tickets
- Equip participants/event attendees with general knowledge of the programs and services DAIS offers in a professional manner
- Support outreach and marketing efforts for our annual community luncheon, domestic violence awareness month and other events
- Disseminate outreach and event information throughout the community
- Other outreach and development efforts as assigned
- Strong communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- A commitment to educating the community about domestic violence
- Reliable access to transportation
- Online Community Outreach Events Training
- Event-specific training as necessary
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Overnight Help Line Advocate
- Community Outreach Specialist
- Help Line Advocate: Provide the...
- Publicity and Design Volunteer:
- Service Projects & Event Support
- Web Design Volunteer
- Children's Advocate: Work with...
- Donation Volunteer: Support the...
- Event Planning: Work with a team...
- Community Response Advocate:...
- Security Operations Advocate