Public Relations Specialist (Virtual)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Are you seeking to use your skills to take a non-profit that provides shelter to the homeless to the next level? Do you have the time and energy to commit to helping this organization get visibility it needs?
We at Essex County RAIN (Reaching Adults In Need) Foundation, are a group of passionate people with a goal helping Essex County young adults get off the streets and in safe housing. We want them to succeed in life as we offer services to help stabilize them on their walk to becoming more self-sufficient.
We need exciting, dedicated people who would love to help this organization grow. The community we serve needs your expertise!! Consider joining our organization, one that provides shelter to LGBT young adults in Essex County.
We need a PR Specialist to lead in the areas of strategic communication. The goal is the reach local stakeholders in all areas. Some key focuses will be in Content & Content development, PR crisis communication, good news stories and Social Media.
Help us develop the right message and have it in sight of the right people!
About Essex County LGBT RAIN Foundation:
The Essex LGBT Reaching Adults In Need (RAIN) Foundation is an organization that provides emergency shelter services to address the emergent need of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) individuals experiencing crisis leading to homelessness. Through integrated solutions we offer educational & financial responsibility resources as well as wrap around services in substance abuse, mental health counseling, and drug screening. We are dedicated to bringing opportunities to troubled individuals in the Greater Newark and surrounding communities.
Prime candidate Profile:
- Designing the content and distribution communication of information such as our programs, accomplishments, and statistics to existing and potential supporters
- Creating and organizing press releases and external collateral such as sponsorship materials
- Outreaching to media representatives and other organizations or persons interested in learning more about our services and what we do
- Supporting Marketing and Events teams with presentation and distribution of information
- Assisting with publicity efforts, such as presenting materials to a wide audience
- Helping with content available through our website and social media channels
- Work closely with executive team to define the messaging of the organization’s mission, vision, and goals
- Work with us to form and execute a consistent communication strategy
The Skills you should have:
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of online media and marketing
- Proficiency in Office Suite
- Comfortable using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr
- Start up and nonprofit experience a plus
- B.A. preferred, graduate degree a plus
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment