LITTLE GRACE VILLAGE: get your hands dirty, build a deck, paint a wall or do some landscaping in our transitional housing community.
Bring your family, friends or company for a day devoted to serving in our "Little Grace Village". We own over 10 homes on Seneca Street, where our residents can choose to go after graduating our one year life skills program. Various projects are available to choose from.
Depending on the size and scope of the project outside funding may be required
Grace Centers of Hope has pioneered a fresh approach to ending and preventing homelessness by weaving together supportive services, safe and affordable housing, and neighborhood revitalization efforts. What once was a blighted neighborhood in downtown Pontiac, destroyed by drugs and prostitution, is now a growing community where children ride their bikes safely up and down the street. We call this transformed neighborhood "Little Grace Village". Consisting of 10 single and multi-family homes on Seneca Street in Pontiac, these houses have been purchased, restored to their original architecture, and rented to graduates of the One Year Life Skills Program at Grace Centers of Hope.
Below are some of the volunteer projects we have for 2016
- Power wash porch - Materials needed - Heavy Duty Power Washer (2 ppl)
- Sand and Paint Porch - Materials needed - Power and hand sander, Paint brushes and rollers, Paint trays, Paint (3-4 ppl)
- Remove tree from right side of house - Materials needed - Hand saws, Shovels, ready to use stump-out (2 ppl)
- Remove cement blocks form right side garden - Materials needed - Sledgehammers, Work gloves, Safety glasses
- Weed and update gardens - Materials needed - Pavestones, Gloves, Leveling sand, Level, Dirt, Topsoil, Rakes, Recycle bags, Gloves (10-15 ppl)
- Updating smaller box gardens into 1 large raised garden. Materials needed - Pavestones, dirt, topsoil and shovels. (8-12 ppl)
- Sod Hands of Hope playground - Materials needed - Gloves, Sod, Shovels (3-5 ppl)
- Re-Gravel parking area behind 70 & 74 Seneca - Materials needed - Gravel, Gloves, Rakes, Shovels (8-12 ppl)
- Community Outreach
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment