Working with an adult learner is a rewarding experience! Our tutors:
- Tutor adult students who read below a 9th grade level
- Work one-on-one, with a small group, or computer-based instruction
- Help a student build reading, language, and/or math skills
- Receive training, curriculum, materials, and support
- Must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background screening
- Commit to at least 6 months of volunteering, approximately 1 hour a week
- Are part a team to change adult lives through literacy!
- Adult Education
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour/week of instruction with a student.
- Monthly progress reports, continuing education.