WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3573 St. Laurent BlvdMontreal, Quebec H2T 2T6CA
To give a young person in need of social, developmental and emotional support the companionship of a caring adult.
* Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed upon time frame (i.e., often weekly meetings for at least one year)
* Act as a resource and guide
* Serve as an example/role model
* Accept and relate to youth who may not share the volunteer’s lifestyle and values
* Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
* Willing spirit
* Openness to cultural differences
* Good listening skills
* Sense of humor
Matches will be made on the basis of interests, skills, background, knowledge and temperament of both the young person and the mentor.
All mentors will be subject to a background check.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit for a minimum of 6 months.