Looking for Mothers to Help New Moms (North Shore)
13 people are interested
JF&CS's Lauren and Mark Rubin Visiting Moms is looking for volunteers to serve new moms in communities on the North Shore, particularly in the Danvers area.
The program is looking for dedicated, compassionate volunteers to visit with parents of newborns in their home one hour weekly until the baby’s first birthday.
Candidate must be an experienced mom with the flexibility to attend a bi-monthly, two-hour supervision group during weekday morning hours. This position requires approximately 8-10 hours per month.
- Experienced moms whose children are older than 18 months
- Have weekday morning availability
- Have access to a car
- Attend an initial 10-hour training, held as five 2-hour sessions
- Commit to attending twice-monthly 2-hour supervision groups (during weekday morning hours)
- Provide a 1-hour home visit every week for a minimum of one year
- Provide a minimum of two references
- Undergo a CORI check
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering as a Rubin Visiting Mom, please fill out this program-specific application form.
We'll work with your schedule.
175 Andover Street, Suite 203Danvers, MA 01923
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- weekly visits and twice monthly supervision groups