Do you know the difference between a Lock Washer and a Wing Nut? Or between a Demilune and a Chaise? Would you like to learn? If so, we'd love to have you help us process our donated items. This is a fun opportunity to be one of the first people to see everything our wonderful community shares with Habitat!
- Uphold and explain store policies for what we can and can't accept from donors
- Identify whether donated items have missing or damaged pieces, and label accordingly
- Share relevant knowledge with Retail Associate, Store Manager, and other staff and volunteers
- Sort, clean, label, and package items to be taken to sales floor
- Ability to repeatedly move and sort small to medium-sized items
(no heavy lifting required)
- Willingness to work with diverse partner groups
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Flexible schedule
- Store Discount
- Support store staff and other volunteers
- The chance to have a positive impact right here in Charlottesville
Time Commitment: Minimum of 4 hours each week
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Habitat Store Furniture Assembly...
- Landscaping Volunteer
- Donation Pick-Up Assistant Needed
- Habitat Store Cleaning Crew
- Habitat Store Heavy Lifter
- Social Media Volunteer Needed!
- Furniture Assembly Specialist
- Habitat Store Donations...
- Donation Pickup Specialist
- Off-site Pick-up Volunteer
- Habitat Store Piano Player
- Habitat Store Department Head
- Store Cashier
- Multiple Volunteer Opportunities!