Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Are you handy with a hammer? Savvy with a screwdriver? Here at the Store, we get lots of unassembled furniture, and are always looking for folks to help us put it together. We also occasionally receive donations that need some TLC - reattach legs, repair drawers, or restore a damaged piece. Even if you’re not very experienced, we have several regular volunteers that will be happy to work with you.
- Assemble new boxed furniture
- Perform minor repairs on new and donated items
- Identify pieces too badly damaged to be restored, and separate out as appropriate
- o Observe product tracking and tool use guidelines to ensure safe and orderly assembly area
- Ability to lift and move at least 20lbs.
- General knowledge about tool use and furniture assembly
- Willingness to work with diverse partner groups
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Gain valuable work experience in the non-profit sector
- Flexible schedule
- Store Discount
- Support store staff and other volunteers
- The chance to have a positive impact right here in Charlottesville
Time Commitment: Flexible
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Habitat Store Furniture Assembly...
- Landscaping Volunteer
- Donation Pick-Up Assistant Needed
- Habitat Store Cleaning Crew
- Habitat Store Heavy Lifter
- Social Media Volunteer Needed!
- Furniture Assembly Specialist
- Habitat Store Donations...
- Donation Pickup Specialist
- Off-site Pick-up Volunteer
- Habitat Store Piano Player
- Habitat Store Department Head
- Store Cashier
- Multiple Volunteer Opportunities!