Tour guides will help visitors engage in meaningful exploration of our exhibits. During the summer season, this means welcoming visitors, answering questions, and offering "highlight tours" of the galleries, lasting 10-15 minutes. In the slower seasons, guides can develop and offer more in-depth tours, depending on visitor interest.
Some of the topics covered in our galleries include storms, shipwrecks, beach culture, and World War II. Regardless of subject, the guide’s goal is to encourage conversation and discovery for people of all ages.
We will train volunteers in the subject areas, but it is important that applicants are able to:
- comfortably approach and engage visitors
- communicate effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- gauge and adapt to visitors’ interests and needs
- interact in a cheerful and courteous way
- problem solve and work independently
Come spend your summer at 24th Street on the Boardwalk! Applications are due no later than 15 May 2017. Shifts are 3.5 hours, and volunteers are asked to commit to at least 1 shift per month.
The application can be found here: http://www.oldcoastguardstation.com/media/6569/volunteer_application.pdf. It can be completed digitally using free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or other similar software.
Please direct questions to Kasey Zronek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 shift (3.5 hrs) per month