Caring families are needed to help children in ChildServ's foster care program grow into healthy, thriving adults. Consider becoming a foster parent today. Learn more about becoming a Foster Parent below, or call us at (773) 867-7323.
As a Foster Parent, you must be:
- Stable, mature adult (at least 25 years old).
- Single adult or a married couple.
- Financially stable & responsible.
- In good health, confirmed by a physical examination report.
- Able to provide references as part of a background check.
- Able to participate in a licensing process which will include interviews in your home to discuss your ability to care for foster children.
- Participate in pre-service training for new foster parents, which occurs every 3rd Tuesday at 2 different ChildServ sites. (Please see below for details and to RSVP.)
Your Home Must:
- Be clean, well-ventilated, free from hazard and have appropriate light and heat.
- Have sufficient bedroom space.
- Have an operating telephone.
- To begin the licensing process to contact the Licensing Recruiter at ChildServ, (773) 867-7323.
To be successful with foster care, your family will:
- Ensure that children are supervised appropriately for their age and development.
- Provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment.
- Treat the foster child as one of their own children.
- Be patient, understanding and sensitive individuals.
- Be responsible for transporting children to necessary appointments, such as medical and dental.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training