SoCal Parrot is an organization that rescues and supports the wild parrots found throughout southern California.
We are currently seeking volunteers for a weekly Animal Care shift. Tasks include: sweeping, raking, scrubbing cages, refilling food and water dishes, changing cage liners, etc.
On-site training will be provided by staff or experienced volunteers. No previous animal care/handling experience is required.
If you'd like to gain unique experience and work with endangered species every week, this is the role for you! Please respond via email to find out more.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months; 1 shift per week, 2-4 hours per shift
- Under 18 requires parent/guardian on site (this role is not recommended for people younger than 16)
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Weekly Animal Care - farm...
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!