Help preserve the history of the Maryland Science Center! MSC is looking for a volunteer to assist the Archivist in cataloging and indexing our photograph collection. This position would be ideal for someone with an eye for detail and a willingness to practice proper handling, filing and storage techniques.
Sort, label and appropriately house photograph collection
Assist Archivist with other projects, as needed
Organized and thorough
Ability to work independently
Experience with FileMaker Pro a plus, but not required
Training: Training provided by MSC Archivist
Schedule: Tuesdays 10:00am-2:00pm
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesdays 10:00am-2:00pm
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Exhibits Assistants: Great...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- Development Assistant
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Fabricator and Finisher:...
- Archives Assistant: Photograph...
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Exhibits Prototyper and Fabricator
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media Assistant