Uplands PEAK Sanctuary is Indiana's first farmed animal sanctuary. Located 35 miles northwest of Louisville, KY, the mission of Uplands PEAK Sanctuary is to rescue and rehabilitate abused and neglected farm animals, educate the public to the benefits of a healthy vegan lifestyle, and promote sustainability. At PEAK, we envision a compassionate and harmonious world where People, Earth, and Animals live in Kinship (PEAK).
(this position can be done remotely depending on the candidate, with at least 1 visit per year)
As a board member of Uplands PEAK Sanctuary, your actions and demonstrated leadership provide an example for other volunteers to follow. Board members are responsible for helping establish, nurture, and maintain relationships that advance the mission of Uplands PEAK Sanctuary. Board members are also responsible for ensuring that adequate resources are generated for advancing PEAK's mission and that proper fiduciary oversight is maintained.
Board members are expected to:
- Volunteer at a minimum of three (3) direct service events each year. Examples include sanctuary beautification days, fundraising events, and community outreach events.
- Be an advocate for Uplands PEAK Sanctuary and actively educate the public about our mission and needs.
- Serve on at least one board committee (Internal Affairs Committee, External Affairs Committee, and Governance Committee) and attend a minimum of 2/3 of the board and committee meetings.
- Attend the annual strategic planning committee and offer input and feedback to advance our organization and mission.
- Make a personal annual unrestricted financial contribution that places Uplands PEAK Sanctuary among your top three charitable donations and supports the annual board campaign goal.
- Generate donations beyond ones personal gift by methods such as requesting your employer make a contribution, solicit contacts for contributions, and/or host a personal solicitation event.
- Commit to a minimum of eight (8) hours monthly towards Sanctuary business, such as meetings, projects, attending events or work days, etc.
- Commit to being a board member for two years and be involved in recruiting your successor.
- Be vegan; if not vegan, then vegetarian and pursuing a vegan lifestyle. All visitors to the Sanctuary are expected to eat and dress vegan while at the Sanctuary.
If you are interested in joining the Uplands PEAK Sanctuary board, please express your interest by sending a cover letter and your resume to Mark Pruitt, Vice-President/Co-Founder email@example.com
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- ~8 hours monthly; attendance at monthly meetings
- Vegan or vegetarian pursuing a vegan lifestyle