This year, Hermann Park Conservancy’s annual Kite Festival will be held March, 2017 from 10am-5pm. Kite Festival will have interactive entertainment for kids including kite making and flying, face painting, and more! Stilt walkers, ribbon dancers, musicians and jugglers will be located throughout the park. Pedal boats will be available on McGovern Lake, and the Hermann Park train will run throughout the day. A performance stage will feature an array of wonderful talent from around the city. Food trucks will be stationed around the Park with creative culinary delights for all. There will be lots to see and do and the kids (and kids at heart) will have a ball.
Many volunteers will be needed to assist with the Kite Festival throughout the day. Positions include:set-up-helping vendors set up tents and tables;way-finders- help participants find various sites as vendor tables or kite locations;booth helpers- assist vendors with activities; breakdown- clean up and take town tents and tables; and stage hands- help with youth performances. Tasks will be delegated as needed.
Volunteer Positions for Sunday-- 7am to 11am, 10am to 2pm, and 2pm to 5pm. Potential volunteers are encouraged to sign up for full day shifts if possible due to major traffic issues in the afternoon. If you sign up for 2 shifts you will get a free lunch! Afternoon shift volunteers are encouraged to be dropped of or carpool. Furher details will be provided once you register for the event.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hour shifts or longer if needed
- contact the event coordinator to request a volunteer sign up form
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park