Hermann Park Conservancy’s annual Kite Festival takes in March, 2017 at Hermann Park. The Kite Festival will be a day of fun for the whole family. Activities will include kite-making, friendly kite-flying competitions, food, music, a kids' play area, student performances, and more. Kiters, will be on-hand demonstrating trick kite-flying and showing off some of their biggest kites!
Many volunteers will be needed to assist with the Kite Festival throughout the day. Positions include:set-up-helping vendors set up tents and tables;way-finders- help participants find various sites as vendor tables or kite locations;kid zone helpers- assist vendors with youth activities;kite-helpers- assist registrants with flying their registered kite, andbreakdown- clean up and take town tents and tables; andstage hands- help with youth performances. Volunteers will be asked to help as needed.
Volunteer Positions for Sunday-- 7am to 11am, 10am to 2pm, and 2pm to 5pm
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 3 hour shifts or longer if needed
- contact the event coordinator to request an event request form
- Park to Port Bike Ride
- Prairie Restoration at Hermann...
- Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park
- Bird Island Restoration at...
- Habitat Restoration Bayou Parkland
- Job Shadow Summer Youth Program
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park
- Japanese Garden Volunteers
- National Public Lands Day...
- Help our Garden Grow!
- Conservation Volunteers for...
- Kite Festival at Hermann Park