We're looking for outgoing people to help us at our public outreach booth events!
We work with wild parrots and speak about wild parrot conservation. If you have an interest in helping with public outreach and events, we'd love to have you on our team!
We will train you and provide you with all the tools to be successful. Additionally, a staff member or experienced volunteer will always be at the event with you to assist and answer questions. Events are planned at least 1 month in advance, and almost always on a weekend. Volunteer shifts range from 2 to 6 hours, depending on the event.
Along with events, our team also meets once a month to catch up and discuss/plan outreach opportunities.
This role is perfect for someone who would like more public speaking experience, has a passion for wildlife conservation, and has a flexible weekend schedule. All training will be provided.
Every new volunteer must complete orientation before joining our team. Orientation is held on a weekend day once a month (except June and July).
- Customer Service
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months (minimum requirement)
- Under 18 must have parent/guardian with them at all times
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Rescue & Transport Injured Wild...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!