Can you imagine fleeing your homeland to save yourself or your family, only to feel incredibly isolated in your new home because you cannot speak the native language? This is the reality of many immigrants and refugees living in the Tampa Bay area.
Help your neighbors learn English at the Barbara S. Ponce Library in Pinellas Park. Join talented volunteer tutors and local students coming together weekly. It is more than teaching or learning English; it is building a stronger community together!
- ESL classes are held every Wednesday from 6pm-8pm.
- No experience necessary.
- Training is provided.
- Placement is not guaranteed until orientation.
- Tutoring is one-on-one or in small groups.
- We need help! Respond today!
Help these neighbors who are new to the USA by teaching them the English language.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week or 2 hours every other week