Cool Classics! is seeking individuals interested in updating and maintaining our social media and website. It is an exciting time because Cool Classics! just won a 2017 Youth Program Award, given by National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services, in cooperation with the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies.
Cool Classics! uses book-based, arts-integrated curricula to improve literacy and develop critical thinking skills. Since 2006 we have been introducing elementary school children in underserved communities to the world of ideas.
The video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o0ytEjux_M&feature=youtu.be briefly describes our work. Our website at coolclassicschicago.org offers more information, galleries of our children's art and photos of their activities as well as an archive of our enewsletters.
Work hours are flexible
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update website appearance and information
- Scan, edit and upload students' artwork and photos onto the website
- Maintain presence on social media
- Familiarity with various social media
- General knowledge of WordPress and HTML required
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment