Daktari is a registered non-profit company located in South Africa close to the Kruger National Park. The project site is situated in a 600 hectares private game reserve. The objective is to inspire and educate local underprivileged children to care for their environment through the medium of a wildlife orphanage.
The goal is to enable today’s local underprivileged children to eventually be able to secure good employment in nature reserves, thereby improving their future and quality of life.
- The period of placement is from 12 months.
- You will work 7.30/8.00 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Saturday and Sunday are your days off.
The organization expects to have a motivated and dynamic volunteer who is willing to help the organisation to grow and survive by finding more fund. DAKTARI needs somebody who can adapt to the challenging life in the bush.
The Fundraising Manager has to be able to work in group but also be able to work independantly. The person must handle humour and show joy of life. Daktari would like to benefit of the professional knowledge of this person or from his/her dynamism.
The volunteer will gain an incredible experience through working for a good cause while getting over challenges of living in the bush with very limited funds. The experience of living in a private game reserve is fabulous while meeting with the local community and understanding their needs.
Your main goal is to follow up on the fundraising that is currently in place, find new sponsors, establish relationship with potential sponsors, review and adapt our funding proposal and get new ideas to developpe the project.
- To conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- To work efficiently with our donor data base programme called Little Green Light.
- To manage our online fundraising platforms, particularly with GlobalGiving.com
- To undertake research into fundraising opportunities and create and implements a sustainable fundraising strategy.
- To produce regular communications for media and other interested parties including the production of a regular newsletter designed to increase support (in team with the marketing volunteer)
- To identifie and coordinate the organisation’s needs in a logical and sustainable manner
- To liaise with the DAKTARI project for social network, media and fundraising purposes
- To occasionally provide care to orphaned animals as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- You must speak and write english to be efficient in your work
- You must be motivated by fundraising and have a previous office expenrience.
- You must be persistant and patient toward the outcome of your work in term financial results.
- You must love children and animal
- You must be able to adapt to a different culture and different environment
- To have a fundraising degree.
- To have an internet experience (Joomla website management).
- To have a degree level qualification in a relevant field.
- To be confident with Mac computers
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 12 months
- Fluent English