Daktari is a registered non-profit company located in South Africa close to the Kruger National Park. The project site is situated in a 600 hectares private game reserve. The objective is to inspire and educate local underprivileged children to care for their environment through the medium of a wildlife orphanage.
The goal is to enable today’s local underprivileged children to eventually be able to secure good employment in nature reserves, thereby improving their future and quality of life.
- The period of placement is for 6 - 12 months.
- You will work 7.30 hours a day, 5 days a week.
- Saturday and Sunday are your days off.
The organization expects to have a motivated and dynamic volunteer who is willing to help the organisation to grow and survive by increasing networking and marketing strategy. DAKTARI needs somebody who can adapt to the challenging life in the bush.
The volunteer will gain an incredible experience through working for a good cause while getting over challenges of living in the bush with very limited funds. The experience of living in a private game reserve is fabulous while meeting with the local community and understanding their needs
Your main goal is to provide adminstrative support to the director including marketing, communication, writing newsletters, writing reports, etc.
- To develop a marketing strategy that effectively markets the organization and educates the public in terms of issues and maximizes the organization's fundraising efforts.
- To develop and follow up on the networking already in place, social media, write and publish article, publish short videos ect..
- To produce regular communications for media and other interested parties including the production of a regular newsletter designed to increase support.
- To update our website (joomla) with articles, pictures and banners.
- To ensure correct resource levels with timely ordering and receipt of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- You must speak and write english to be efficient in your work.
- To have a marketing experience or degree in the field
- To be confident in the realisation of short video.
- To be confident to update our website with Joomla.
- To be confident with Adobe fireworks or photoshop.
- To have a marketing and communication degree.
- To be confident with the use of Mac computers
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Google Apps
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 - 12 months