The SVdP Community Center is located in the heart of one of California's most distressed communities, downtown Oakland at San Pablo and West Grand Avenues. The center occupies one square block on the border of downtown and West Oakland. The Help Desk serves as the main point of entry for our clients within our Community Center and connects clients with SVdP services, including free access to clothing, hygiene kits, laundry, showers, referral services, and support groups. Join our team of volunteers to help our neighbors in need and make them feel welcome at SVdP!
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Welcome, check-in, and refer clients to appropriate departments.
- Assist clients with accessing direct services.
- Oversee waiting area.
- Conduct intake forms for new clients.
Time: 3 hour shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday between 9:30am and 3:30pm.
Commitment: One shift per week is ideal; commitment of 2-3 months is appreciated.
Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on or before their first day of service.
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must posses basic computer skills
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- SVdP's urban oasis needs your...
- Make a difference in your...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...