The SVdP Community Center is located in the heart of one of California's most distressed communities, downtown Oakland at San Pablo and West Grand Avenues. The center occupies one square block on the border of downtown and West Oakland. The Help Desk serves as the main point of entry for our clients within our Community Center and connects clients with SVdP services, including free access to clothing, hygiene kits, laundry, showers, referral services, and support groups. Join our team of volunteers to help our neighbors in need.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Greet, check-in, and refer clients to appropriate departments.
- Greet donors and volunteers.
- Oversee waiting area.
- Conduct intake forms for new clients.
Time: 3 hour shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday between 9am and 3pm
Commitment: One shift per week, commitment of at least 3 months is appreciated
Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on or before their first day of service.
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must posses basic computer skills
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Be a force for restorative...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...