DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Breast Cancer Emergency Fund (BCEF) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that provides emergency financial assistance to low-income women, men, and their families who are in active treatment for breast cancer but who are too sick to work.
BCEF is seeking a Development Intern to support its development and fundraising efforts, and marketing campaigns. This individual will work directly with the Executive Director and Development Team to research and cultivate supporters, manage the donor database, track and evaluate fundraising efforts, and organize and support events.
The position is designed to provide real work experience that can help build a professional resume. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a great team. The ideal candidate is someone who is diligent, creative, eager to collaborate and comfortable managing key tasks independently. At BCEF, we work hard - but we also like to have fun!
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Conducting prospect research of individual, foundation, and corporate donors and assisting with solicitation of sponsorships and charitable gifts
- Assisting with targeted social media marketing campaigns including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Supporting event management and marketing campaigns under direction of Development Team
- Assisting with event tasks including pre-event phone calls, generation of thank-you letters, and follow-up
- Instituting and managing an efficient system for photographic images of events
- Providing ongoing administrative support with donor records and stewardship
- Providing general office support as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible, flexible, energetic, hardworking, reliable, and professional
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possess a commitment to social justice and the breast cancer community
- Be tech-savvy and skilled in utilizing various software and office tools such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google, Salesforce, fundraising platforms, social media platforms, fax, photocopier, etc.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be willing to collaborate, take initiative, work independently and problem-solve
- Minimum of 15 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but must be completed during regular business hours Monday-Friday.
- Minimum commitment of three (3) months
This is an unpaid intern position; however, good karma is priceless! This position offers an excellent opportunity to work directly with our executive team and board, public relations and event planning team. They will work on substantive projects that benefit the San Francisco Bay Area community. At the end of their internship they will have gained valuable work experience and contacts, professional references, and a portfolio of work accomplishments to add to their resume.
How To Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Executive Director Karen Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Application for Development Internship". Please tell us a bit about yourself, why you are interested in this internship, the skills and experience that make you a good fit, and the number of total hours and approximate schedule you would be available.
275 Fifth StreetSuite 402San Francisco, CA 94103
- Executive Admin
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18
- 10-15 hours a week