The Community Closet, a program of LifeBridge helps our clients secure clothing, diapers, school supplies and other household essentials. Volunteers can have a big impact in just a few hours a week. Assistance is needed during the weekday to sort and organize donations to the Closet, display new merchandise and help clients to find items they need.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to donor when providing assistance in bringing their donations to the Closet.
- Sort incoming donations and place them in the appropriate location, i.e., plastic bins or shopping area, for the benefit of shoppers, as directed by the coordinator.
- Stock merchandise, assuring proper display, cleanliness, and organization.
- Assist in the seasonal change of merchandise including the donation of aged inventory.
- Wipe shelves, racks, etc., as needed. Perform light cleaning as needed.
- Assist customers, as needed. Respond respectfully to customer questions and concerns.
- Take direction on how to appropriately handle difficult and challenging situations.
- Provide support in the management and daily operations as requested by the coordinator.
- Conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with mission and core programs of LifeBridge Community Services.
- Dependable- reliable, responsible, and able to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Ability to maintain self-control, maintain composure, keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior.
- Concern for others, being sensitive to others needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Ability to tolerate stress, accepting constructive criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with stressful situations.
- Cooperative, the ability to be cooperative with others and display a good natured attitude.
- Possess integrity, being honest and ethical.
- Service orientation, actively looking for way to help people and a willingness to learn proper customer service.
- Willingness to learn methods for showing and promoting merchandise.
- Successful completion of all background verifications and self-disclosure of any past and pending criminal charges.
- Motivated and a self-starter.
- Conversation English skills; bilingual skills preferred.
- Embraces and exhibits conduct consistent with the mission and values of LifeBridge Community Services.
- A sensitivity to the population that we serve.
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3-5 hours a week
- application, 3 references and background check