Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of children living in poverty? The Circles Kettering Youth Community is made up of children ages 0 -18. During our Tuesday night meetings we spend time with the kids and support them as they build relationships with each other.
Our team of teaching volunteers is a diverse group of people, many of whom don't have formal experience or training with education. What we're looking for most is someone who is patient, compassionate, and persistent when it comes to developing relationships and building trust with kids. Our volunteers typically attend the weekly meeting every Tuesday and meet together once a month to plan. They also read books like How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and The Boy Who Was Raised By Dogs to better understand how to connect with our youth.
If this sounds like you, contact Laura with a few sentences about who you are and what you love. There are many different ways you can contribute to CKY; these are just a few...
- attend Tuesday night meetings and interact with the kids in order to build trust with them over time
- spend time with a teen outside of Tuesday night meetings and get to know their family
- tutor in reading or math as needs arise
- share a skill with the group
- build our social capital by introducing our group members to your network of professionals, friends, and family
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for 3 months