Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of children living in poverty? The Circles Kettering Youth Community is made up of children ages 0 -18. During our Tuesday night meetings we study topics like friendship, leadership, integrity, communication, and more.
Our team of teaching volunteers is a diverse group of people, many of whom don't have formal experience or training with education. What we're looking for most is someone who is patient, compassionate, and persistent when it comes to developing relationships and building trust with kids.
If this sounds like you, contact Laura with a few sentences about who you are and what you love. There are many different ways you can contribute to CKY; these are just a few...
- collaborate with the team to plan lessons
- co-teach or assist in teaching lessons
- teach in the infant/preK room
- develop curriculum for the infants, toddlers, and pre-K kids
- collaborate in planning our upcoming summer mural project
- spend time with a teen outside of Tuesday night meetings
- tutor in reading or math as needs arise
- share a skill with the group
- build our social capital by introducing our group members to your network of professionals, friends, and family
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for 3 months