We are looking for a college student, or graduate with course work and interest in fundraising, development or not-for-profit management, for an internship opportunity that offers a flexible duration (we’d like a minimum of 4 hours or more per week of available on-site time) and the opportunity to make a difference. As a small, regional non-profit, we seek funding from local businesses, national corporations, individuals and charitable foundations. The intern will work closely with the Museum’s Development staff on a variety of activities. Additionally a progressive management style exists that allows interns to take on a great deal of responsibility and provides a supportive, stimulating and fun work place. Duties:
- Researching potential corporate and foundation support for events, exhibits, programs and operations.
- Developing and maintaining donor filing systems & donor databases.
- Preparing proposals to potential donors.
- Acknowledging donations, writing thank you letters and reports to donors.
- Coordinating special projects.
- Working in a standard office setting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment