Provide assistance and information services to people seeking access to the Vance North Necessities of Life Program (NOLP); determine client eligibility to the program; work with outside referral agencies in facilitating the NOLP application process for their clients and assist with the provision of food services to eligible clients in need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist clients in the completion of NOLP application forms and related paperwork.
- Prepare and complete NOLP client eligibility interviews, including scheduling reviewing NOLP application materials and making an assessment for the purpose of determining eligibility for the NOLP program both within the agency and by outside referral agencies.
- Prepare and complete routine data entry in Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide assistance to clients both in person and by telephone.
- Maintain client and volunteer confidentiality with regard to agency prescribed ethics.
- Respond to clients in an empathetic and courteous manner at all times.
- OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
- Training and Experience:
- Experience in human services field preferred. Experience in the food or restaurant industry is preferred.
This internship requires a 3 consecutive month commitment and a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Interviewing and assessment techniques; general knowledge of public benefits programs, primarily SSI, SDI and MediCal; computers and word processing; data management; HIV and HIV-related issues; effective communication techniques.
Effectively communicate both orally and in writing; respond with empathy to the needs of clients, staff and volunteers; participate as a member of a staff team; adapt well to crisis and a rapidly changing work environment; maintain client confidentiality; interact with clients and the community in a courteous manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is an active position that requires regular bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of stock weighing 35 pounds or more. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper. Some local travel/driving required.
- Data Entry
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Thursdays between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM