Citizenship Instructor or Tutor
53 people are interested
To support language and cultural training to newly-arrived and former refugees in community-based English classes and citizenship preparation
- Support the lead teacher in administering their lessons in a variety of ways including but not limited to participating in demonstrations, leading activities in small groups, and working one-on-one with individual students
- Communicate respectfully with students when engaging in repeat activities and topics to give students an opportunity to master the content
- Adjust plans, techniques, and/or approaches to meet the learning styles of the students and follow the instruction of the lead teacher with the ultimate goal of helping students become independent learners
- Classes are held Wednesday evening from 6-8
- We ask that volunteers commit for at least one session (4-8 weeks)
About Lutheran Services in Iowa
3116 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311, US
Lutheran Servies in Iowa responds to the love of Jesus Christ with acts of service to all.
LSI impacts the lives of more than 40,000 Iowans annually through residential treatment, services to families, home health care, early childhood programs, adoption/foster care services, refugee resettlement, services for people with disabilities, disaster response initiatives and Barnabas Uplift. LSI serves people of all ages, genders, nationalities, religions, ethnicities and sexual orientation and is affiliated with Lutheran Services in America and three Iowa synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
We'll work with your schedule.
3200 University AvenueDes Moines, IA 50311
- Elder care
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training