Your visit to a patient brightens the day, and reading to a patient makes it even more special!
Gentiva Hospice is seeking volunteers to read to patients. Our patients enjoy listening to volunteers read to them--short stories, poetry, magazines, the Bible, inspirational readings, or even chapters of a novel from your bookclub!
A regular reading visit (or more if it's a long book ;-)) provides companionship, socialization, intellectual stimulation and comfort to patients. Call Marrilee at 616-249-3043 for more details.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Veteran Hospice Volunteers
- Book lovers wanted!
- Volunteer Assistant
- Birthday Buddies
- Knitting companionship
- Friends needed in Lowell,...
- Alzheimer/Dementia fidget hand...
- Change a life...by being a...
- Pet Therapy--Bring your best...
- Customer Care support
- Compassionate Crafters Wanted!
- Scrappy Sewers needed!
- Scrapbooking Crafter Organizer
- Compassionate Care calls
- Office Organizer Helper
- Wheelchair Walkers partners...
- Alzheimer fidget board creators
- Create a smile through creative...
- Vigil Volunteers
- Musically inclined? Come join...