Are you part of a service or community group, looking for a fun and meaningful volunteer activity?
Volunteering with us at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is a way to take action in defense of the human and civil rights of the black community. Our store supports programs in the U.S. and here in Oakland that are bridging the disparities faced by the black community in health, education and economic development. You can be part of it!
We have daily and weekly volunteer opportunities available for groups or individuals. Weekdays or weekends are available.
Volunteer activities for groups include:
- Community outreach in the form of hanging cards on doors in a neighborhood. We have been leading groups through this activity for 25 years - it is a fun, outdoor and collective activity that informs the community about the services we provide and how they can support us. And we get immediate results! Groups are given a brief training as well as snacks and all the materials needed.
- Business relations outreach in the form of visiting stores and giving them our cards and posters to display in their business. This is another great way that the community is informed about us - and you are the ambassador!
Volunteer activities for smaller groups and individuals include:
- In-store sales assistance
- Moving, cleaning, repairing furniture
- Online outreach through online postings and research
- Taking photos of furniture for our blog and other online postings
- And more!
Volunteering with us as an individual or group is easy! Call or email and we will set up an orientation and get you on the volunteer schedule. 510-763-3342 or email@example.com. We look forward to developing a relationship with your organization!
For more information about us, visit apedf.org.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Art Appraiser Needed
- Community Outreach Intern needed...
- Lead our outdoor outreach...
- Need to upgrade your outreach...
- Need Community Hours Fast?
- Help Move / Measure / Clean /...
- Social Justice in the Fresh Air!
- Interested in working outdoors?
- Wanted: Photographer-Blogger!
- Attention Groups! Fun Volunteer...
- Volunteer Coordinators Needed...