Kinship is a faith based mentoring program in which we match individuals, couples and families to children from single parent homes and homes of refugee and immigrant families. Many of our parents do not speak English so our staff could certainly use your help with communicating with the parents. Sometimes it is needed at home visits, phone calls or letters. Hours vary from week to week with both daytime and evening hours needed. The need is great.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- 1-2 hours per week
- flexible needs, translate written materials, phone calls and in person visits with case worker
- Befriend a Child of Immigrants &...
- Spanish translator & interpreter
- Spanish translator & interpreter...
- Send a birthday blessing
- Spanish speaking translator &...
- loving mentor to befriend...
- Befriend a Child of a Prisoner
- role model for boys
- Anoka County activities assistant
- Friend of teen
- Spanish speaking mentors
- mentor in Anoka County
- friend to a child
- role model for teen
- special needs children need...
- teachers for lifeskills
- Senior mentors needed Hennepin...
- mentor a child
- Activities planner
- Autistic children need friends