Red Sweater Project collaborates with developing communities in the creation of affordable, accessible and
innovative educational opportunities for children in rural Tanzania. The organization operates the Mungere School near the town of Mto wa Mbu in the northern Arusha Region.
Communications & Media Coordinator
Working with Red Sweater Project’s Development Team, the Communications & Media Coordinator will assist in telling the story of Red Sweater Project and the Mungere School through the lens of a local presence in Tanzania. Being the eyes and ears on the ground, the position plays a critical role in breathing life into the stories and success of this successful development project.
The position’s main focus is content and story generation, creating and managing a body of content to be
effectively leveraged and shared to our growing network of supporters using multiple social media platforms including e-newsletters and website material. This position is best suited for an outgoing personality; a candidate who will get to closely know students, staff, volunteers and local community members.
January 7 - December 15, 2019
- Develop and create focus stories relating to individual students, teachers, staff, program partners, local families, volunteers, etc.
- Capture and organize photo and video content of all organizational-related activities, people and partners
- Manage organization newsfeeds, including content submissions and updates
- Track program progress in written format to be shared through general communications activities
- Assist with preparation and editing of organizational publications
- Draft press releases as necessary
- Serve as school campus visitor liaison
- 2 years’ minimum work experience with demonstrated passion for communications and story-telling
- Communications field experience
- Experience traveling, working and/or teaching abroad
- Passion for working with youth
- Organization and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work individually and as part of a diverse team
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Interest in East Africa’s indigenous cultures and traditions
- Ability to live in a developing community
- Humility. We require individuals joining our growing organization combine leadership skills with humor, patience and a humble approach to service
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Shared housing available
- Stipend available, depending on experience
- Professional and cultural orientation program (language training options available)
- We do not charge program fees; Volunteers are responsible for their own travel and living cost
Work, with a side of Adventure
As you experience life in a remote Maasai community and explore the country, it is difficult not to fall in love with the country and its people.
Mungere Village is nestled in Africa’s Great Rift Valley, a short distance from Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti Plains and other unique destinations. Travel further from the village to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro or relax on the beaches of Zanzibar Island.
Email current resum?/CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Full Time