Avalon Hospice is looking for veterans interested in participating in our Love and Honor our Veterans and the Hospice for Heroes programs. As a member of the team you will attend ceremonies and present honorary certificates and pins to veterans whether they are on hospice or not. This is a unique and rewarding way to give back to the community and put the military in a positive light. We are desperately seeking volunteers who are available weekdays and weekends to assist the volunteer coordinator in providing a special moment for these veterans we are honoring. Many of these veterans feel unneeded and these ceremonies remind them of how much their sacrifices are appreciated. What a great way to give back to the military community! Join us all over the middle TN region as we honor our heroes!!! Committment is based on your availability. We also welcome students in local ROTC programs or Civil Air Patrol or Young Marine organizations.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- dependant on participant
- this is not just in the Nashville area!
- Give Back to those you Honor
- Honor those who have served!
- Military Veterans Needed to...
- Crafters Needed for Hospice...
- Love to Cook?
- Meals for Shut Ins needed asap!
- Office Volunteers Needed NOW!
- Social Workers need Volunteer...
- Chatting Up the Elderly!
- ANY TIME IS VOLUNTEER TIME
- Office Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Volunteers To Visit In The Home...
- Volunteer Opportunity in an Office
- Military Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Summer Volunteers Needed ASAP!
- Friendly Visitor Volunteers...
- Art Enthusiasts Teaching Classes...
- Giving Back Is Easy - Call to...
- Caring Listeners Needed Now!
- Brighten a hospice patient's day...