Become a Women's Empowerment Mentor for an Amazing Refugee Woman!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where4419 N Ravenswood AveChicago, IL 60640
Women’s Empowerment Program (Women Identified Volunteers Only) WHAT: Pair up with an incredible and resilient refugee woman to help her learn about her new community, become less isolated, practice her English skills, become more self-sufficient and develop independent living skills in her new environment! WHEN: Once a week for at least one hour. WHERE: The refugee’s home (typically Rogers Park or West Ridge). REQUIRED COMMITMENT: At least 6 months.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for at least 6 months
- Have fun while doing good:...
- Help refugee kids with homework...
- Befriend a newly arrived refugee...
- Tutor Refugee Adults in English...
- Become a Tutor for ESL Students!
- Be a crucial part of a refugee...
- Create a home for a refugee...
- Create a home for a refugee
- Help teach our youngest...
- Become a Women's Empowerment...
- Male mentors! Mentor a refugee boy