Green Market volunteers have fun pitching in for Piedmont Park while helping vendors bring local, fresh, sustainability grown food to the Atlanta community.
The Green Market is located at the 12th Street and Piedmont Avenue NE Park Entrance. Volunteer Check-in is located at the park Community Center (1071 Piedmont Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA 30309). The Community Center is adjacent to Willy’s restaurant. Parking is NOT available at the Community Center. But, street parking is available.
Key Responsibilities and Schedule
- Volunteers assist vendors with set-up and break-down of the market, including setting up tents, carting produce and merchandise from the vendor parking area to the market and so much more!
- Assist with the Green Market Information table.
- Volunteers will also cover vendor booths as needed when vendors need to take breaks. Please note that volunteers will not be responsible for taking any money at vendor booths.
Commitment and Requirements
- The Market occurs on Saturdays from 7 am-2 pm from mid-March to mid-December.
- Volunteers should arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of their shift at the Community Center to sign in with Piedmont Conservancy Staff.
- Volunteers MUST sign up in advance to participate. Please sign up to volunteer with Piedmont Park Conservancy via Hands On Atlanta’s website (www.handsonatlanta.org).
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions. This activity happens rain or shine.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage with the public and our vendors.
Late Arrival Policy
Piedmont Park Conservancy greatly values the time and effort our volunteers donate to the park. Volunteers work closely with Piedmont Park Conservancy staff to complete horticulture and maintenance projects that are vital to the preservation of Piedmont Park. Therefore, we request that all of our volunteers arrive at the assigned time. Volunteers who arrive late or unannounced disrupts our project work schedule, therefore any volunteers who arrive more than 20 minutes late will not be able to volunteer and will be asked to reschedule their volunteer shift.Make new friends, have fun, shop for local food, and support Piedmont Park Conservancy by joining our amazing Green Market volunteer team. Sign up today!
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 7 am - 2 pm = 7 hour time commitment required.
- MUST show up on time, have great people skills and be able to lift 20 lbs.