Have fun volunteering while enjoying the fresh air, learning about locally grown produce and listening to live music! Green Market volunteers play an important role in supporting healthy lifestyles and encouraging sustainable communities. Our Green Market encourages sustainable communities in the most basic way - by providing shoppers with direct access to local farmers and merchants.
- Saturdays, March 18 - December 2, 2017
- Volunteer opportunities are Saturdays, 7 am -2 pm
- Volunteers will primarily assist vendors with unloading their vehicles, general clean-up; market set-up and market break down. Volunteers may also lend a hand at the Green Market Information booth and our Education Garden.
- Volunteers must be friendly, outgoing and enjoy interacting with the public
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- This is a rain or shine event, so volunteers must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
- Age requirement is 18 and up
- All volunteers must sign a liability waiver
- Court-ordered volunteers are accepted. Must be pre-approved by the Conservancy.
For more information, requirements, and to sign up for this opportunity, please visit our website at https://www.piedmontpark.org/support-the-park/volunteer/.
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 7 am - 2 pm = 7 hour time commitment required.
- MUST show up on time, have great people skills and be able to lift 20 lbs.