DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
The Cleveland Ronald McDonald House is a home-away-from-home for families whose children are receiving medical care at Cleveland-area hospitals. Our 55-family guest House provides hotel-like rooms, spacious common areas, beautifully landscaped grounds, fully-equipped kitchens, meals and activities so families can stay strong to support their children.
Like any house, the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House needs constant upkeep, cleaning, repair, and organization. Considering that our house welcomes over 1,300 families each year, our maintenance needs are multiplied! Are you handy around the house? Do you enjoy completing minor repair projects and keeping busy? Our House needs active maintenance volunteers who are willing to tackle a variety of odd jobs and lend a hand where needed.
Required tasks may include
- Assisting with guest room repairs and general maintenance.
- Helping with House duties, for example, janitorial, organizing donations, etc.
- Performing outdoor maintenance.
- Using House vehicles for pickups or deliveries, possibly including shuttle service in future.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance.
- Ability to work safely and effectively.
- Ability to lift and carry heavier objects.
Requirements for all volunteer positions
- A commitment to the RMHC NEO mission.
- The ability to take direction but also work independently.
- Sensitivity to diverse populations.
- The flexibility to:
- Attend required continuing education seminar(s) each year.
- Attend an annual one-on-one conversation or review with a member of staff.
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality regarding family information.
- The ability to maintain healthy boundaries and not take on families' troubles as one's own.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northeast Ohio
10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, US
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Ohio, Inc. is to enhance the healthcare experience for families and children through comfort, care and supportive services.
A Place of Healing and Hope.
Staying at a Ronald McDonald House enables families to focus on the health of their child rather than anything else - like paying bills or cooking meals. We preserve a sense of normalcy with prepared meals, comfortable beds, and recreational activities. Most importantly, we help families create connections with other families, staff, and volunteers. In doing this, families have a support system to turn to during the most stressful moments of their lives. We provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for families and have taken special care to help protect those staying with us from COVID-19.
The House That Love Built
The Cleveland Ronald McDonald House serves families with a child receiving treatment at any Cleveland area medical center. Centrally located in University Circle, the House is a short walk or ride from Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and MetroHealth Medical Center. In addition to 55 guest rooms, the House offers comfortable living and play areas, a fully equipped kitchen, recreation room, family resource center, children's playroom and laundry room. Surrounding the House are beautiful gardens, winding walkways and benches.
The Ronald McDonald House stands as a symbol of comfort and support, to welcome any family who might need shelter. It's easy to see why we're known as "The House That Love Built."
Cleveland Ronald McDonald House10415 Euclid AvenueCleveland, OH 44106
September 18, 2023
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- Janitorial Maintenance
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week, flexible hours