As a Life-Line Bible teacher, you can make a huge impact on the life of the elderly. By taking the time to share in the company of this often forgotten group and providing the Gospel in the form of a Bible study you are showing Jesus’ unconditional love and compassion for his people. Consider joining Life-Line Convalescent Ministries as a Bible teacher. You can help share the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and his message of comfort, hope, and peace to a senior near you.
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." - 2 Timothy 3:16 (NKJV)
Bible teachers will lead participating residents with weekly Bible lessons as a part of church services held in the home’s social activities or dining room. Bible teachers will be responsible for:
- Knowing and studying the Word (see our Doctrinal Statement online), which is the guideline of what we believe and teach
- Leading a group in prayer
- Singing worship songs with the residents
- Being ready to make a visit or two to those unable to attend the church service
- Being capable of carrying out the ordinance of the Lord's Supper
- Attending an occasional meeting or training class on all of the above
Number of hours each week: Up to four hours each week, including time to study, write out the lesson, 30-45 minutes spent in the home, and up to one hour in travel to and from the home.
- Previous leadership in Bible study groups or work in pastoral care setting helpful, but not required
- Transportation to and from senior/convalescent facility, home, and the Life-Line office
- All volunteers must complete online registration and other requirements through our website at www.life-lineministries.com.
If you would like to learn more about our ministry, please visit our website at www.life-lineministries.com. Thank you for your interest in Life-Line Convalescent Ministries. We look forward to serving with you!