Teach English to Seniors! (Tuesdays 9:30-11am in Escondido)
51 people are interested
Purpose/Goal of Position: To support the Escondido Corps Community Center in providing services by teaching English to members of the community who are learning English as a second language.
1. Assist in preparing a syllabus and daily lesson plans for each class, based on student needs.
2. Assist in instructing assigned ESL class for a minimum of a six month period.
3. Counsel and support students in developing and accomplishing individual learning goals, as needed.
4. Document student attendance, progress, and areas of need.
5. No prior experience needed, we provide training.
About The Salvation Army San Diego Regional Office
2320 Fifth Ave., San Diego, CA 92101, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
For more than 120 years The Salvation Army has been delivering services and hope to the less fortunate on the streets of San Diego and to those in shelters, schools, and daycare centers across the Southland. Internationally, it is an organization with a lineage of public service that dates back to 1865, and has evolved over the decades into a social service provider with an unmatched scope and breadth. The Salvation Army currently has representation in 120 different countries worldwide, in addition to nearly 8,000 centers of operation across the United States.
1301 Las Villas WayEscondido, CA 92026
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday's from 9:30am to 11:00am