Women’s Center Assistant
Time:9:00am - 3:00pm; shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday
Commitment: One shift per week and minimum commitment of 2-3 months preferable
Location: 675 - 23 rd Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Purpose: St. Vincent de Paul is a nonprofit organization that provides direct assistance to men, women and children in need throughout Alameda County. The Women’s Center, located in our West Oakland Community Center, is a safe and welcoming environment where we provide support services to disadvantaged women and children.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Greet clients as they enter the center.
- Assist front desk with handing out robes, towels, and hygiene items.
- Assist with laundry services.
- Help replenish supplies.
- Optional availability to help run the baby room, where we give away children’s clothes, shoes and diapers.
This position provides a unique opportunity for volunteers to interact one-on-one with clients and assist women and children with meeting their basic needs.
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers will attend an orientation and receive training on their first day of service.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Be a force for restorative...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...