St. Vincent de Paul is a nonprofit organization that provides direct assistance to men, women and children in need throughout Alameda County. The Women’s Center, located in our West Oakland Community Center, is a safe and welcoming environment where we provide support services to disadvantaged women and children.
Time: 10am to 1pm or 10am to 2pm; shifts are available Tuesday - Saturday
Commitment: One shift per week and minimum commitment of 2-3 months preferable
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Greet clients as they enter the center.
- Help to check-in clients.
- Assist front desk with handing out robes, towels, and hygiene items.
- Assist with laundry services.
- Help replenish supplies.
- Optional availability to help run the baby room, where we give away children’s clothes, shoes and diapers.
This position provides a unique opportunity for volunteers to interact one-on-one with clients and assist women and children with meeting their basic needs.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- SVdP's urban oasis needs your...
- Make a difference in your...
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...