The Presidents' Council
Job Description/Title: TeleFundraiser
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Contacts: Individuals, constituents, members, and associates
Approved, Executive Director: 1/29/2014
FLSA Status: Volunteer
TeleFundraisers hold an extremely important position with The Presidents’ Council Foundation (PCF). Under general direction, TeleFundraisers are fully trained to contact individuals, constituents, members, and associates of the organization via telephone to execute three main functions:
- Ask for financial support
- Update contact information (address, email, business information, title)
- Share information about PCF and its events while maintaining positive relations
It is important to remember that by calling individuals, constituents, members, and associates, you are the voice of the organization. It is expected that you maintain positive relations between those called and the organization.
- Maintain excellent public relations with individuals, constituents, members, and associates
- Contact individuals, constituents, members, and associates to ask for gifts to benefit PCF
- Clearly & concisely update and verify all individuals, constituents, members, and associates’ demographics
- Accurately record the results of every phone call
- Strive to achieve individual and project goals set forth by the PCF
- Utilize teamwork principles
- Arrive for work prepared and on time
- Abide by all policies & procedures set forth by PCF and Supervisors
- Alert a supervisor to any prospective donor problems or concerns
- Enthusiasm for PCF and the PCF programs!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding and Practice of excellent oral communication and customer service skills to effectively interface with constituents, members, and associates.
- Exemplary customer service skills and negotiation experience.
- Patience, high energy, enthusiasm in working with the public and helping others.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Assertiveness, persuasive personality, and confidence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Basic computer /data entry skills.
We are looking for mature and responsible individuals, preferably with some college education or related experience. Our TeleFundraisers must have excellent telephone communication skills, be able to control a telephone conversation in a courteous and relaxed manner, and feel comfortable representing PCF and asking for a financial commitment.
Calls must be conducted in a knowledgeable, ethical and professional manner. To do so, our TeleFundraisers are well trained to use an appropriate calling script. Our TeleFundraisers must also be people who listen attentively and are able to think on their feet; always acting in the best interest of PCF, while adapting to the needs of a donor.
About The Presidents' Council
3740 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100, Cleveland, OH 44113, US
Acting as a catalyst for inclusion, The Presidents’ Council Supports, Develops, and Advocates for our region’s current and future generations of African American entrepreneurs and leaders for sustainable wealth creation through The Presidents’ Council Investor’s Group, The Presidents’ Council Foundation, The Presidents’ Council Business Chamber, and The Presidents’ Council Political Action Committee; affecting influence and accountability at ALL levels that directly impact African American businesses and the communities we serve.
Excellence in Entrepreneurship At Your Business (EEAYB) fills a critical gap in the entrepreneurial ecosystem by providing direct tangible services not only for scalability but for long-term sustainability. EEAYB creates a web of support and an ecosystem for growth well beyond traditional programming and planning to include implementation and execution, EEAYB is actually DOING. EEAYB provides businesses access to an infusion of human capital and expertise that allows businesses to utilize secured financial capital for other needs such as job creation, working capital, programming, and increased revenue by absorbing the cost of up to 240 hours of consultation and technical assistance based on a business’ specific needs including but not limited to HR, IT, Risk Management/Insurance, Marketing, PR/Media Relations, Social Media, Accounting, Financial Services/Management (virtual CFO), Coaching/Business Development, and Legal; deployed via a pool of Preferred Providers who are demonstrated experts in their respective industries.
PC Scholars Program (PCSP) works with 10 th, 11 th and 12 th graders from Cleveland-area and inner-ring high schools; and is designed to produce the next generation of professionals, entrepreneurs and leaders for our community. Through strategic and intentional collaborations, PC Scholars creates an atmosphere that provides holistic support, so students can focus and are given permission to be innovators.