Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in Sonoma county. Specifically in locations around Santa Rosa, Petaluma and Rohnert Park. New volunteer trainings occur often! Great Opportunity for Busy Folks who Still Want to Volunteer! We will match you with somebody in a location convenient to you!
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Able to visit an elder community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "ElderWISE" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder between 2-4 times per month.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next training, coming up soon!
Currently mostly serving senior clients in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Sebastapol and Rohnert Park.
Bilingual speaking Volunteers also encouraged to apply!
For more information, please contact: Franchesca Trudeau at 707-978-5058 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excited to hear from you!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- at least 6 months, visiting 2-4 times/monthly
- background check and training provided