The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a nonprofit organization that provides direct assistance to men, women and children in need throughout Alameda County. We are looking for volunteers to help us run our phone center, under the supervision of our Phone Room Coordinator. Our phone center has become our main point of contact for the organization, and volunteers help run the center during office hours.
Commitment: 4 hours once a week Monday - Friday between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. You can choose between two shifts: 9-1 or 1-5, for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
Volunteers will be asked to:
Answer incoming calls.
Direct calls to staff members.
Answer client, donor, and volunteer questions, and direct clients to appropriate resources on and off campus.
- Scheduling donor pick-ups.
Help with ordering/researching best prices for office supplies.
Make strategic outgoing calls to donors and volunteers using simple scripts and tracking process.
Please consider volunteering your expertise to assist SVdP with eliminating causes of poverty and achieving its mission of Neighbors Helping Neighbors.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once a week M-F between 9 am - 5 pm.
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...