PA-MEDI volunteer counselor
ORGANIZATION: Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging
Please visit the new page to apply.
For those struggling to understand it, Medicare often seems like a maze of complex programs and processes. Medicare is confusing but there is help! The Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging PA-MEDI program would like to train you to become a Certified Medicare Counselor. No experience necessary!
You will learn the basics of Medicare and how to explain it to people in our community. Appointments with older adults will be made for the Main Office located in Brookville or one of our four senior centers. No home visits are required. You will have access to a PA-MEDI coordinator for any questions or issues.
More opportunities with Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging
186 MAIN ST, BROOKVILLE, PA 15825, US
To develop and administer a program of comprehensive community services for the elderly.
This focus includes, but is not limited to the following:
- To serve as a community planning agency to improve services to the elderly
- To act as an advocate for the elderly
- To provide services which help the elderly remain in their own homes as long as possible
- To assist the older person to remain active as a citizen of his or her community
Multiple locations Brookville, PA 15825
February 9, 2023
- Customer Service
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per month
- You will need basic computer skills and the ability to fill out paperwork