Change a Life - Become a Project Read Tutor!
191 people are interested
Volunteer for literacy by teaching an adult to read! Provide one-to-one tutoring to adults to improve their English speaking, reading, and writing. If you can read and write, Project Read - Menlo Park can train you to be a volunteer tutor. We have many eager adults waiting to be placed with a tutor. Please contact us today!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Excellent training in adult literacy tutoring
- Gain experience teaching
- Satisfaction from enhancing the lives of second-language learners and native English speakers who cannot read or write well
- Empowering learners to achieve goals
- Interaction with a diverse cross-section of the Peninsula adult population
- Opportunities for developing skills in outreach and community engagement
- Directly work to improve literacy in our community
- Access to Project Read's computer lab and library
We'll work with your schedule.
Menlo Park Public Library800 Alma StreetMenlo Park, CA 94025
- Reading / Writing
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 1/2 hours twice a week or 2 hours once a week
- 6 month commitment