Volunteer for literacy by teaching an adult to read! Provide one-to-one tutoring to adults to improve their English speaking, reading, and writing. If you can read and write, Project Read - Menlo Park can train you to be a volunteer tutor. We have many eager adults waiting to be placed with a tutor. Please contact us today!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Excellent training in adult literacy tutoring
- Gain experience teaching
- Satisfaction from enhancing the lives of second-language learners and native English speakers who cannot read or write well
- Empowering learners to achieve goals
- Interaction with a diverse cross-section of the Peninsula adult population
- Opportunities for developing skills in outreach and community engagement
- Directly work to improve literacy in our community
- Access to Project Read's computer lab and library
- Reading / Writing
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 1/2 hours twice a week or 2 hours once a week
- 6 month commitment
- Enjoy books? Help keep your...
- Change a Life - Become a Project...
- What does the letter "A" have in...
- Teen - T.A.G. - Teen Advisory...
- Donation Magician
- Building Literacy, Building...
- Processing and Mailing Books
- Lead the Conversation! - Become...
- Get Talking! - Become a...
- Decrease the Digital Divide -...
- Are You Interested in Turning...