The Museum of the American Railroad is looking for volunteers to lead tours of the rolling stock collection in our train yard . We have a great team which we want to expand as the museum grows. Museum staff and volunteers will provide training and share our knowledge with new volunteers. MAR volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have availability between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm;
- Ability to be mobile for up to a mile and 45-60 minutes at a time;
- Work in possible extreme weather conditions during year-round tours;
- Handle walking on sometimes uneven terrain;
- Engage large groups up to 30 people of various ages.
No previous railroad experience or knowledge is required, only a desire to learn and share knowledge with others on the importance of the American railroad. If interested , please contact us. An application and background check form must be filled out by potential volunteers. More information can be found at www.historictrains.org.
- Supply Chain Logistics
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training